Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Hospital

Elyza started out the day pretty good. She ate two ounces in the morning. Her next feeding wasn’t so good, she only ate one ounce.
Later on, we got transferred to south Davis hospital. She completely stopped trying to eat again.
The hospital staff suspects that the stress of being moved from one hospital to another could have caused her to stop eating.
I was suppose to get a room to stay while my daughter gets treatment, but by the time we got to the hospital the social workers had left for the day. So that left the room up in the air.
Elyza began throwing up right before she went to bed. Patrice finally broke down. Glen, my father in-law suggested that we go stay at his place fore the night. The hospital strongly recommended that she get some rest as well. So, we went and stayed at Patrice’s parent’s place.
Later that night, my sugars shot up to four-hundred and five. I just wanted to sleep, but my father in-law wouldn’t hear of it. He insisted that I go to the hospital. At the hospital they gave me some I-V fluids, and twenty units of humologue. It took about four hours for my sugars to return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment