Sunday, May 9, 2010
Just in time for mother's day
Well, Elyza was admitted to Utah Valley Hospital on Tursday. She woke up with a high fever of 103.5, so we felt it was necessary to take her in. she was admitted for observation. They discovered that she has a lot of lose skin around her voice box. At this point, they are talking about waiting to see if she grows out of that. So, until then, they are keeping her on oxygen while she sleeps.
Friday, March 19, 2010
EKG Results
Well, we got the rest of the report. They found a hole in her heart. So, now we are looking at getting another surgery. They are talking about getting her in in about a year.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
EKG
Elyza Is a little more active. They did an EKG to make sure her heart hadn't been affected by her breathing problems. They said that the right side was enlarged, but that it should even out over time. We are still waiting on the full report. She currently on two liters of oxygen around the clock and her CPap when she sleeps.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Life Flight and CPap
After working really hard for several hours to help Elyza breath, the nurses decided that Elyza needed to be life Flighted to Primary Children’s Medical Center. So, at three in the morning, they got her ready and loaded her. There wasn't room in the chopper for a parent, so we had to drive ourselves. She got put on a CPap machine when she arrived at the new hospital. Traffic went well and we ended being only fifteen minutes behind the helicopter. Elyza was so exhausted that when they had to start a new IV, she didn't really fuss about it. She seems to be doing better after a bit of good rest.
Patrice and I decided to go to the temple. It was a good session.
Patrice and I decided to go to the temple. It was a good session.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Rinal Virus
Elyza did ok today. More of her test results came back, and they are telling us that they found rinal virus, which is close to a cold virus. She is still very congested. The nurses are suctioning her out every two hours. She was a little more active today. This evening, however, she is having difficulties breathing.
Monday, March 15, 2010
RSV
Hi, it has been a while since we have posted to this blog. Elyza got really sick last night. She had trouble breathing and she was running a temperature. We took her in to the doctor this morning, and she decided to have her admitted to utah valley hospital. They ran some tests and they have decided that she has RSV.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Feeding tube care
Elyza is doing really well. We have to change her dressings everyday. Once it heals we can change them every two or three days. Th person who changes the dressings and anyone assisting must wash their hands well with soap and water.
It takes at least two people to change her dressings, especially when she wants to do a lot of wiggling.
It takes at least two people to change her dressings, especially when she wants to do a lot of wiggling.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Home Again
We are home. Elyza got her G-tube placed on Friday. Elyza is hurting a little from her surgery, but she is a trooper. Inspite of it, she is still playing and being playful for the most part.
Well, I'm going to go help Patrice get some pain medication for Elyza.
Well, I'm going to go help Patrice get some pain medication for Elyza.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
G-Tube Surgery and fundraising
Well, it has been a while. Shortly after the last post, we all came down with a stomach virus, naturally, Elyza stopped eatting again. We got over it and we were just getting back to helping Elyza eat when we all came down with the H1N1 (swine flu). That made her not want to eat as well.
So, after working hard to help Elyza eat and trying to avoid another surgery and hospital stay, we have pretty much arived at the end of the allotted time for Elyza's NG Tube. Now we are trying to prepare ourselves for her Gt Feeding Tube Placement. We are both feeling stressed and somewhat disappointed that we weren't able to get her to eat on her own again.
In preparation for this, Patrice is selling some things that she made. You may go to FamilyArts to checkout the things she is selling. You may also donate by clicking on the button below.
So, after working hard to help Elyza eat and trying to avoid another surgery and hospital stay, we have pretty much arived at the end of the allotted time for Elyza's NG Tube. Now we are trying to prepare ourselves for her Gt Feeding Tube Placement. We are both feeling stressed and somewhat disappointed that we weren't able to get her to eat on her own again.
In preparation for this, Patrice is selling some things that she made. You may go to FamilyArts to checkout the things she is selling. You may also donate by clicking on the button below.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)